If you are receiving an error upon windows starting up in Windows 7, Error code: 0x80070002, after trying to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials then follow the steps below to fix it.
Use Registry Cleaner
Often the cause of the problem is in the faulty registers, which must be deleted. To do this, it is convenient to use the appropriate software like CCleaner.
- Download, install and start CCleaner (a free version is enough).
- Select the “Registry” tab. Be sure to select the registers of all available types.
- Press the “Scan for Issues” button to find broken registry keys.
- After that, click on “Fix selected Issues…” to clean the keys.
- Press “No” in dialog window.
- Select “Fix All Selected Issues”.
- Restart your PC.
If this does not help, continue to the next method.
Manually Edit the Registry
In our instance, the method above doesn’t clean/fix everything and we still need to delete a certain registry entry. So go to the start menu and launch “Regedit.”
Now browse to the following location. One of the folders under the “Uninstall” folder will contain a Microsoft Security Essentials entry on the right hand side. Delete that one.
Reboot your computer, and hopefully the error is now gone.
Use the Troubleshooter
This method can be used as the very first option, and in case if nothing helps. The algorithm of his work is known only to the developer, and in practice this helps only with some probability.
Select Start → Control Panel → Troubleshooting, and then follow the instructions for the kind of troubleshooting you want to do (you should to try “System and Security” and “Programs”).
- How to Connect to Exchange Online Using PowerShell? - September 26, 2020
- Configuring Live Migration in Hyper-V - September 26, 2020
- RDP Error: Remote Desktop Can’t Find the Computer - September 17, 2020