Hello everyone! In this article we will show you how to download and install Remote Server Administrative tools for Windows 10. It is going to give you all the remote MMC tools that you require to manage your Windows servers remotely.
Method 1: From Website
You need to download RSAT from Microsoft website.
Also, you have to download Administrative templates.
Once it is installed, restart the system. Just give this time to prepare and configure Windows.
After that go to Start menu and in the search area type Change or remove a program.
Next you need to go to Turn Windows features on or off. Just click on this and you will see a little box.
We should enable couple of areas. Enable Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services, also select RAS Connection Manager Administrator Kit (CMAK).
Once you did it, click Ok and wait a little bit. It is going to install those things for us and right after that you should close this window.
To view a list of administrative tools that we have just installed go to Control Panel and select Administrative Tools.
You can see that there is a lot of tools available to us and we have got Remote Desktop Services here and we also got Active Directory stuff.
Method 2: Via Optional Features
Starting with Windows 10 version 1809, RSAT can be enabled through optional features in the system settings. Before doing this, make sure that your account has sufficient rights to perform administrative actions.
- Open the Windows Settings (possible via the keyboard shortcut Win + I);
- Select the Apps section;
- Make sure the “Apps & features” tab is open. In the center window, click on “Optional features”;
- Press on “Add features”;
- The list will show all available RSAT components. Here you can select only the one you want to install, for this, click on it and the “Install” button next to it;
- Wait for the process to complete. Its progress is available in the previous window, where you can remove components if necessary;
- Reboot the system.
Method 3: Using PowerShell
This tool is especially useful for remote access or working on a server. With it, you can install and remove RSAT without the need for a graphical interface.
Please note that case of letters does not affect the execution of commands. Also make sure the latest updates are installed on your system.
To see a list of installed RSAT components, run the following line:
Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Select-Object -Property Name, State
To install a specific component, specify its name after the -Name option in this way:
Add-WindowsCapability -Name Rsat.CertificateServices.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 –Online
To remove a component, type:
Remove-WindowsCapability -Name Rsat.CertificateServices.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 –Online
To get all available components, use the pipe tool:
Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | Add-WindowsCapability –Online
Upon completion of all operations, restart the PC.
That is all. We hope you enjoy this one. If you have any questions, free to leave them in comments section below.
- How to Setup Gmail in Outlook? - October 14, 2021
- How to Clear Browsing History in Safari on iPhone/iPad? - October 11, 2021
- Allow Non-administrators to Install Printer Drivers via GPO - October 1, 2021