Let’s be honest, Siri is not the smartest digital assistant compared to Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. Although Apple was first to introduce the concept of a voice helper in a smartphone, the company failed to keep up with competitors. Thus, users find Siri more irritating than helpful.
iPhone and iPad prompt users to enable Siri during the first setup. If a user decides to use Siri, they also get Siri suggestions. Those are different tips and suggestions across parts of the operating system, for example, on the lock screen, in Spotlight, during sharing, on the Home screen, etc. Siri tries to be helpful and provide users with relevant information. Still, more often than not, it fails to do so. If you, like many other people, find Siri Suggestions rather annoying than helpful, here is how you can turn off Siri Suggestions on your iPhone and iPad.
Turn Off Siri Suggestions
To disable Siri Suggestions on your iPhone, make sure you have turned on Siri first.
- Go to Settings and find the Siri and Search section. Tap it.
- Scroll down and find the Siri Suggestions section. That is where you disable Siri Suggestions in different parts of the operating system. Do note that you can disable Siri Suggestions partially, for example, only in Spotlight.
- Disable one, several, or all toggles in the Siri Suggestions section.
- Close the Settings app.
Alternatively, you can use search in the Settings app to quickly find the Siri Suggestions section. Open Settings and tap the search box above your profile. Select Suggestions in Search in the search results.
Finally, if you do not find Siri helpful, you can disable it altogether to get rid of Siri Suggestions. Go to Settings > Siri and Search and toggle off the following options: Listen for “Hey Siri”, “Press Home for Siri”, and “Allow Siri When Locked”.
Tip. If you do not like how much space Siri Suggestions take on the search screen, you can tap the little arrow button in the top-right corner. It will collapse the list of suggested apps.
That is how you turn off Siri Suggestions on iPhone and iPad.
- HTTP/HTTPS Requests via Invoke-WebRequest PowerShell Cmdlet - September 25, 2021
- How to Allow Saved Credentials for RDP Connection? - September 23, 2021
- How to Convert ESD to WIM File on Windows 10? - September 17, 2021