iOS has a built-in screen time monitoring feature since iOS 12. You can control your smartphone usage habits and use Screen Time as a parental control solution. Some users use the Screen Time feature in iOS to limit the time they spend on social media, games, YouTube, etc. To prevent yourself or your kids from unauthorized disabling Screen Time, you can set a custom password. Passwords are passwords, and that means it is quite easy to forget them. If you happened to forget your Screen Time passcode and want to learn how to disable Screen Time on iPhone without a passcode, this article is here for you.
Turn Off iOS Screen Time Without a Passcode
Lets us make it clear right away: you can disable Screen Time without a passcode only if you have previously turned on the ability to restore a passcode using an Apple ID. How that works? When you set up a passcode for Screen Time, your iPhone asks you to enter your Apple ID email and password. If you forgot the Screen Time passcode, you can enter your Apple ID and password to reset it or turn it off.
If you have set up Screen Time and specified your Apple ID, you can turn off Screen Time without a passcode. Do the following:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Screen Time > Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time;
- Your iPhone will ask you to enter a Screen Time passcode;
- Tap the Forgot Passcode?
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
That is how you turn off Screen Time without a passcode.
Suppose you did not specify Apple ID during the Screen Time setup. What should you do and how to turn off Screen Time without a passcode? In such a case, the only way to turn off Screen Time without a passcode is to perform a full reset on your iPhone or iPad.
Back up important data before resetting any device!
- Open Settings;
- Go to General > Reset;
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings;
- Enter your Apple ID details and confirm resetting your device;
- Wait for the process to finish.
- HTTP/HTTPS Requests via Invoke-WebRequest PowerShell Cmdlet - September 25, 2021
- How to Allow Saved Credentials for RDP Connection? - September 23, 2021
- How to Convert ESD to WIM File on Windows 10? - September 17, 2021