It is a well-known fact that AirPods work not only with Apple’s devices but with Windows 10 and Android smartphones as well. Still, there are lots of features that you miss if you connect AirPods to Android. Sure, noise cancellation and the transparency mode in AirPods Pro or Max still work, but you cannot use Siri, or even conveniently check the battery level. The good thing is that nowadays many good AirPods alternatives work much better with Android. Besides, many offer superior sound quality and additional features. If you own AirPods and need to connect these earphones to Android, this article will tell you how to do it, and how to check Airpod battery on Android.
Connect AirPods to Android
- Put your AirPods in the charging case and close the lid. Wait for few seconds.
- Now, open the lid and hold the connection button on the back of the charging case. Hold the button until the LED indicator starts flashing white.
- On your phone, go to Bluetooth settings and find your AirPods.
- Press Pair.
Done. Now, your AirPods are ready to work with Android. Modern Android versions show approximate charging levels for paired Bluetooth devices. Still, often this feature is not available. To check AirPod’s battery level on Android, you need to download third-party apps.
Check AirPods Battery Level on Android
- Head to the Google Play store and download the MaterialPods app via this link. This app is free, but you need to make an in-app purchase to unlock additional features. Luckily, there is no need to pay for basic capabilities, such as the AirPods battery level check on Android.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on how to get the app into a working state. You need to grant the app access to the location and allow drawing over other apps. The latter is required to show the iOS-style popup with AirPods battery levels.
- Now, open the lid and connect your AirPods to Android. You will see a popup with battery level indicators for earphones and the charging case. Also, the app will show battery levels in a notification center, so you can always check the AirPod’s battery level on Android. If you do not like how the app looks, you can always change many customization settings.
That’s it. Now you know how to check AirPod’s battery level on Android. It is also worth mentioning that a similar app exists on Windows. Learn more on how to check AirPod’s battery level on Windows 10 in a separate article.
- HTTP/HTTPS Requests via Invoke-WebRequest PowerShell Cmdlet - September 25, 2021
- How to Allow Saved Credentials for RDP Connection? - September 23, 2021
- How to Convert ESD to WIM File on Windows 10? - September 17, 2021