AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max are Bluetooth-based wireless headphones, which means you can pair them with any relatively modern device. AirPods support iOS, macOS, Windows, and Android. Still, some of the best features in AirPods are available only on Apple products.
Basic audio capabilities, noise cancellation, and transparency mode work regardless of the platform. Other features, such as Siri and advanced integration with an operating system, are unavailable on Windows or Android. You cannot even check the AirPods battery level on Android, and this is where third-party developers come into play.
The good thing is that the wireless headphones market is full of good products like never before. Many alternatives provide better sound, battery life, features, or price. Also, some manufacturers copy AirPods features for their products. For example, Samsung earbuds can display battery indicators on Samsung smartphones without additional applications.
Still, some users want to use their AirPods with Android. In such a case, you might want to know how to check AirPods battery on Android.
This guide will tell you how to do that. We also have a separate article about checking the AirPods battery level on Windows.
How to See the Battery Life of AirPods on Android? Connect First!
First, you need to know how to connect AirPods to Android.
- Put your AirPods in the charging case and close the lid. Wait for a few seconds.
- Open the lid and hold the connection button on the back of the charging case. Keep holding the connection button until the LED indicator starts flashing white.
- Now grab your phone and go to Bluetooth settings, and find your AirPods.
- Press Pair.
Now your AirPods are ready to work with Android. Modern Android versions show approximate charging levels of paired Bluetooth devices, such as headphones or mice. Still, this feature is not available when you use AirPods. To check the AirPods battery level on Android, you need to download third-party apps.
Check AirPods Battery Level on Android
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone and download the MaterialPods app via this link. This app is free, but you need to make an in-app purchase to unlock additional features. Luckily, there is no need to pay for basic capabilities, such as the AirPods battery level check on Android.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on how to get the app into a working state. You need to grant the app access to the location and allow drawing over other apps. The latter is required to show the iOS-style popup with AirPods battery levels.
- Now, open the lid and connect your AirPods to Android. You will see a popup with battery level indicators for each earbud and the charging case. Also, the app will show battery levels in a notification center, so you can always check the AirPod’s battery level on Android by simply dropping down the notification center. The app also has many customization settings, so you can make it fit your taste and needs.
That’s it. Now you know how to check the AirPods battery level on Android.