A lot of Apple owners are facing with the problem of installing or updating iTunes on Windows 10. This problem has a solution, and today we will talk about it.
Typically, users are facing these 3 errors when installing iTunes on Windows 10:
- An error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft.vc80.crt …;
- Apple application support was not found error 2;
- Service “Apple Mobile Device” (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start.
Tip. Even if you run the iTunes installer on a behalf of the administrator, disable the firewall and antivirus software, it is possible that a successful installation still does not take place.
Fixing Errors for iTunes on Windows 10
Step 1: Download Latest iTunes for Windows
At first, try to use the latest version of the iTunes distribution.
When you download iTunes from the official Apple page (apple.com/iTunes), the site itself may incorrectly determine the version of Windows by providing an incorrect installer for the download. That’s why we suggest using the next links to download iTunes for Windows 10:
These direct links lead to the official installers located on Apple servers.
Tip. Also the versions mentioned above should solve the problem associated with the operation of the regular QuickTime video player and the compatibility of iTunes with some other Windows applications.
Step 2: Repair Apple Software Update
Open Control Panel and select Programs and Features item. In the list of the installed software find Apple Software Update, right click on it and select Repair from the context menu.
After repairing try to install iTunes.
Step 3: Error Microsoft.vc80.crt
In case an error occurs during installation that contains Microsoft.vc80.crt, you can try to download and install (reinstall) Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 SP1 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347);
Step 4: Check Windows Installer Service
Sometimes problems are associated with the Windows Installer service. As a result, not only iTunes cannot be installed, but also any other applications.
Open Services console (services.msc). In the list of services find Windows Installer service. Check its status; try to stop and start the service.
Step 5. Manually installing Apple Software Update
If above methods didn’t help, follow these instructions:
- Try to uninstall Apple Software Update from Programs and Features section;
- Reboot your computer;
- Open iTunes install file (iTunes64Setup.exe) using any archiver software;
- Run msi and complete the installation;
- Now you can try to install iTunes, but you need to run the installation again (don’t use the exe file! Use iTunes64.msi, which is located in the archiver window).