A wise man once said that if you do not clear your browsing history, you will have to explain it to somebody. We are not judging why you want to clear your browsing history in Safari on iPhone or iPad. There are plenty of reasons why an individual might want to get rid of the browsing log in their browser. Our goal here is to provide a clear explanation of how to clear the browsing history on iPhone or iPad without leaving any traces.
How to Delete Safari History?
- Grab your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and open Safari.
- On iPad, tap the side menu button in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Select History.
- On iPhone, press the button with a book icon on the toolbar.
- Tap the button with a clock icon. That is your Safari history button on your iPhone.
- Next, tap the Clear button.
- Select a period for which you want to clear the browsing history in Safari. You can pick “All time” (entire history), “Today and Yesterday,” “Today,” and “The last hour.”
That is how to clear the browsing history in Safari. Note that deleting the browser log wipes it on all devices with your Apple ID. In other words, clearing the browsing history on an iPad removes it on iPhone as well.
Tip. For some unknown to humanity reasons, you cannot ask Siri to clear your browsing history. Instead of doing its job, the assistant will say: “I am not sure I understant.”
Another Way to Clear Safari History on iPhone
You can also clear the browsing history in Safari from within the Settings app.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app and go to Safari.
- Scroll down the list of available settings and find the Clear History and Website Data option.
- Confirm the action by tapping the Clear History and Data button.
Cannot Clear Browsing History in Safari on iPhone Because the Button is Grayed-out
iOS will not allow you to clear the browsing history if you have a managed by your organization device with restrictive policies or if your parent or caregiver has set up Screen Time with content restriction rules. The clear history button in Safari will also gray-out if you use Screen Time to manage your device usage habits. Disable the content restriction in the Screen Time settings before clearing the browsing history in Safari on iPhone or iPad.
- How to Setup Gmail in Outlook? - October 14, 2021
- How to Clear Browsing History in Safari on iPhone/iPad? - October 11, 2021
- Allow Non-administrators to Install Printer Drivers via GPO - October 1, 2021