Let us determine which between the two customers would opt to use. On the 25th of July 2015, Windows 10 was launched globally in around 190 countries as an upgraded version of Windows 8. Since then, comparisons have been made between these 2 operating system.
About Windows 8
Windows 8 introduces a basic change for it combines operating system of the desktop with the tablet’s touch function; it is actually a touchscreen-oriented use for tablets; as well as the traditional PC. There are actually 4 types of systems operating as Windows 8: (1) as 64 and 32-bit versions; (2) the X software 86 built for use with laptops, PC and other tablets; (3) Windows RT used for tablets especially for Microsoft’s Surface and Surface 2; and (4) Windows Phone 8.
About Windows 10
Windows 10 is loaded with useful and new features that would benefit all internet users. Time wise: it has a super-speedy start and is user-friendly. As the latest system operated by Microsoft, Windows 10 is an upgraded version of the other previous models. According to Microsoft, they will be supporting the system for the next decade. A fine upgrade, it will do away with the divisions found in Windows 8.
Windows 10 vs. Windows 8
Start button issue
Windows 8 did away with the start button and replaced it with Live Tile interface that was considered a critical error.
Windows 10 marks the return of a supercharged start button for the Start menu that allows you to access apps, find contents, pin apps contact and click to websites. You will view a list of apps and shortcuts to PC setting for you to find documents and photo folder. Since, it retained the functionality of Windows 8; Windows 10 has a customized Start Screen on the right and Live Tiles that enables you to immediately check your emails and calendar appointments.
Upgrade pricing for Windows 8 is $119.99 for Window 8 “Core” and the same price for Windows 8 Pro.
Microsoft released the same prices for Windows 10 Home and Pro as $119; however, it will be for Free for those with existing Windows 7 and Windows 8/8. The privilege will be given to users only for the first year.
No more passwords
Windows 8 – Password is used to authenticate the identity of owner to access entry to a resource. Every user has a password which is confidential and known only to the owner.
Windows 10 supports the Fast Identity Online (FIDO), which no longer uses passwords; instead it uses various tools for identifying authenticity. By your facial features as fingerprint or iris scan of your eyes, you can log in instead of using your password.
Windows 10 has a holographic computing platform for developers to create 3D apps thru HoloLens. This head mounted holographic computer is used for viewing high definition holograms and hear them with surround sounds.
What Windows 10 has that is not found in Windows 8
- Windows 10 has the Windows 10 Mobile as operating system of the phone and tablet. It gives you a competent alternative to iOS and Android.Windows 10 has Cortana, which is aptly called personal assistance, Cortana apps work for you like a personal assistant by supplying local information; as well as replacing the need of typing in the taskbar search voice box. It organizes your calendar, looks into your parcels, finds your documents, converses with you and even makes you laugh by cracking jokes. Just by clicking, Cortana will speedily unlock the search field. Another important service of Cortana is assisting you control the volume of your music according to the sound you want to hear.
- Windows 10 has a new browser called the Microsoft Edge. It has three key features:
• Any webpage can be annotated using your finger, stylus or keyboard;
• Set Spartan in a reading mode. The next generation browsers coming to the Windows 10 is Project Spartan. It makes easy discovery, distraction free-reading, getting things done online and sharing
• It integrates Cortana voice assistance in the browser.The Universal apps of Window 10 will control the Live Tile apps so they can be closed, maximized, minimized, moved and resized.
- Windows 10 has a quadrant layout that allows 4 apps to be snapped on the same screen. This is useful for those who multitasks.
- Windows 10 has an extended built-in mobile device management making easier managing devices from a cloud.
Windows 10. There is no question that you, as well as other users, will opt for Windows 10 either by buying a new one or by upgrading your old model. It is easy to see positive reactions from reviews written by people who have upgraded their machines from Windows 7 and Windows 8.