I recently switched over from PC to Mac and when I was looking through my folders I realized some things were missing. The folders missing all were named with a period coming before the name. The purpose was for them to arrange themselves at the top when folders are arranged alphabetically. However, on a Mac, in OS X a period before the name means that it becomes a hidden folder / file.
Below is the command to show the hidden files in the Mac OS X Finder.
Open up the terminal and type the following commands:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
Also, to revert back to normal, here is the command:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
Incoming search terms:
- finding hidden files on mac android
- How to reconnect an hidden file in mac osx
- how to unhide file on adroid to show on mac
- how to view hidden files in osx finder
- how to view hidden files on android for mac