There is a common error that one might receive when using Adobe Acrobat Pro or PDF Converter Professional. When either saving or adding password protection onto a document.
The document could not be saved. The file may be read-only or another user many have it open. Please save to a different file name.”
The error occurs because of a conflict with the application and the Windows preview pane. Follow the steps below to fix.
Windows 8 Instructions
Go to “Computer” or a windows explorer window, click on the “View” tab and then make sure the “Preview pane” is unselected. Then try saving your PDF document again.
Windows 7 Instructions
Go to “Computer” or a windows explorer window, click on the “Preview pane” icon in the top right and make sure it is selected on hidden. Then try saving your PDF document again.
See Unable to save changes made to a PDF file opened from a Microsoft Outlook attachment
See Can’t save after edits in Acrobat 10. “File may be read-only or another user may have it open”
Incoming search terms:
- adobe acrobat the document could not be saved a file 1/o error has occurred
- The document could not be saved A file I/O error has occurred
- a file i 0 error has occurred pdf
- pdf the document could not be saved
- pdf The document could not be saved A file error has occured