If you create/setup a meeting in Outlook and invite attendees, there doesn’t appear to be a way to delete the meeting from your calendar without sending a cancellation email. My coworker and I were trying to figure out how to do this. What if I had invited 50 people to a meeting, it finishes 2 hours early and I want to free my calender up by deleting it. I don’t want 50 cancellation emails going out. Also, those people might want to keep that appointment filled in their calender. Below are instructions on a way to delete a meeting from your calender without sending cancellation emails.
Double click into the meeting you are wanting to delete, go up to File and the click on “Move to Folder”. Selected your Deleted Items folder.
You will get a popup message saying “Responses to this meeting will not be tallied. If you want Outlook to tally responses for you, move the meeting to the Calendar folder for this account.” Click the OK button.
Close the other window that was created because of this, and then close your Meeting window. The meeting has now been cancelled without sending any emails.
Incoming search terms:
- how to delete a meeting in outlook 2010
- cancel meeting in outlook without sending a cancellation
- outlook 2010 cancel meeting without sending notification
- outlook 2010 cancel meeting without sending update
- delete outlook meeting without sending cancellation
- outlook delete meeting without sending cancellation
- cancel meeting without sending cancellation outlook 2010
- outlook cancel meeting without sending update
- how to cancel a meeting in outlook 2010
- how to cancel a meeting in outlook 2010 without sending update