If you are receiving an error upon windows starting up in Windows 7, Error code: 0×80070002, after trying to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials then follow the steps below to fix it.
First you will want to download and run the Microsoft Fix it tool from here: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9775235
In our instance, the Fix it tool doesn’t clean/fix everything and we still need to delete a certain registry entry. So go to the start menu and launch “Regedit.”
Now browse to the following location. One of the folders under the “Uninstall” folder will contain a Microsoft Security Essentials entry on the right hand side. Delete that one.
Reboot your computer, and hopefully the error is now gone.
Incoming search terms:
- microsoft security client error code 0x80070002
- microsoft security client 0x80070002
- microsoft security client error 0x80070002
- 0x80070002 MSE
- mse 0x80070002
- error code 0x80070002 security essentials
- 0x80070002 microsoft security client
- Microsoft security essentials 0x80070002
- microsoft security essentials error 0x80070002