If you landed here you are probably receiving the following error:
The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error:
A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration.
Event ID 7000
This is registered as Event ID 7000 – Service Control Manager in the Event Viewer.
To fix this follow the steps below.
On your domain controller or a computer with access to edit your network group policies, launch the Group Policy Management Editor by going to RUN and typing gpedit.msc.
Make sure you have selected a policy that everyone will get, or if you have administrative rights you could add this to your local machine policy. Under Computer Configuration go down to Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
Under Profile System Performance add “LOCAL SERVICE” to the groups that have access to run this.
Now on the machine you are receiving the error on, run gpupdate /force.
I had to restart my machine for the errors to stop disappearing. I would recommend restarting. After you have restarted, check the system event viewer logs and the Service Control Manager should now be running without any errors.
Incoming search terms:
- service control manager 7000
- event id 7000 service control manager
- service control manager 7000 windows 7
- the diagnostic service host service failed to start due to the following error:a privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration you may use the services microsoft management console (mmc) snap-
- event 7000 service control manager